Follow Carolinefev on Twitter

Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm back and with a game-plan. You've been warned.

         So...it probably goes without saying at this point that I'm a big failure in the blog-updating department. If it was a job, I would be fired for it. But like almost every single other thing in my life, I get super excited and into something and within two weeks I lose all motivation or become forgetful. All of a sudden, it's like, "Blog? What blog? Oh yeah. I have a blog..."


I'm sorry!


I think my biggest issue has been that my life is extraordinarily ordinary and very little has happened that I find remotely interesting to talk about.


BUT now I have an idea....


Starting now, I am officially launching a blog-series (if that's what you call it) that I have deemed:


"Caroline's Obsessions, Loves, and Favorite Things. Like Oprah Only Nerdier."




       You don't have to know me well to figure out preeeetty swiftly that well, I love A LOT of things. In fact, I can actually timeline my life--particularly from age 11 to 17--quite literally by all the things I have ever been in love or obsessed with.
Before you report me to the police, by the word "obsession" I mean this:
For any particular amount of time, usually very brief, there is something that you constantly have in the back and front of your mind. It's as if your brain has a [insert obsession here]-filter and you are always subconsciously trying to relate everything that enters your mind with your obsession. Not to mention that you have spent a fair amount of time Googling said obsession and therefore know ridiculously too much about it than what is socially acceptable.
          Now, not all obsessions, loves, and favorite things are alike. Some are bigger and more ridiculous than others depending on how long they last or how much to think or act upon it. Therefore, some things I love are preeeetty obvious and some are totally random and often simply a throw-back to simpler times. But I'm putting myself out there and revealing some of the most foolish things about me--if that was even possible.


          The best part about this little pet project is compiling a comprehensive list of all the things I have ever loved or been obsessed over. Of course, it's HUGE. Mostly books, TV shows, and actors, it spans the past 20 years that I can recall. So here's the game plan:


--Everyday (or every other-other day) I will randomly choose something from this list and write a blog entry about what it is, why I love it, how it began, what I think today, etc. It will be nostalgic, strange, potentially social suicide, and maybe just maybe, hilarity will ensue.


Here is my list. If you read this and see one that you think "I've gotta hear about this..." let me know! I will take requests. So here goes into the deep end.


Disclaimer: If any of you thought I was remotely cool, I'm about to nip that in the bud REAL fast. P.S. Some of these kind of go hand-in-hand...


Antonio Banderas                 
"The Mask of Zorro"
Archie Comics 
Kevin Bacon
Footloose
Tobey Maquire
"Anastasia"
"Legally Blonde"
"Someone Like You"
Harry Potter
"Pirates of the Caribbean"
Orlando Bloom
The Outsiders
Rob Lowe
The Brat Pack
John Hughes
Jim Carrey
Bruce Almighty
13 Going on 30
Criminal Minds
Law & Order: SVU
Pappyland
The Big Comfy Couch
Maxie's World
River Phoenix
Oreos
Justice League
Scooby Doo: Zombie Island
Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys
The X-Files
James Marsden
Fever Pitch
Anne of Green Gables
Stepp Sisters Books by Kathy Love
Love Story
Far and Away
Thumbelina
The Swan Princess
Wee-Sing
ABCFamily's 25 Days of Christmas
VH1's I Love the...Series
Matilda
Redeeming Love
Remember The Titans
Charmed
Conan O'Brien
Kraft Dinner
LeFleur's
movie trailers
Nutella
Happily Ever After Snow White
Movie scores
Twilight
Titanic
Animation
Disney
Aladdin
Mulan
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Pocahontas
Sleeping Beauty
The Little Mermaid
Tangled
Sense & Sensibility
Luke Wilson
Hugh Jackman
Musicals
trail mix

No comments:

Post a Comment